Thursday, December 24, 2009

Exxasens - Polaris (2008)


myspace
website
The album art is a perfect description of this album. If the words "post-rock" and the mindset brought on by the album art appeal to you, then get this album ASAP. One of the more under-appreciated albums of 2008.

"This first album (Polaris) has 10 instrumental songs that connect the listener with an inner world of melodies and sound effects. Themes like "Spiders on the moon" which narrates Apollo XI’s journey to the moon, "Polaris" which describes the immensity of the universe or "Gamma Channel" which recreates one of the passages of Orson Wells' War of the Worlds, define what EXXASENS tries to convey through his music."
via exxasens.com

When Polaris sold out, Exxasens, being the badass that he is, put it up for free on his website. The tags are kinda screwy though, so I uploaded the same version here with proper tags. I also have the original version (if anyone wants it) which includes the track "Mira Mama" but I think that was the worst track on the album, so I'm glad he took it off in the later version. I'm also kind of confused as to which album art to use, his website has this as the album art, but I think the original works way better.

No comments:

Post a Comment