Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ghibli - Pythia (2011)

bandcamp
buy the tape

Here's another case of me putting something on my ipod and months later realizing how good it is. I keep my ipod on shuffle, and every once in a while I'd be like oh shit what is this track that just came on? A lot of the time it would turn out to be something off Pythia. I REALLY like this release.

"Composed of over thirty minutes of off-kilter house music built from an outstanding sample bank, Pythia gives me a break only long enough to stretch my legs and drink some water before giving the album another spin. On stand out "Brahman," the dance stuctures lose shape for a brief moment, falling into a highly charged ambient drone. Afterward, everything proceeds as normal, as if everyone dancing didn't suddenly start levitating for a few minutes there"
via altered zones

No comments:

Post a Comment