Pictureplane - Thee Negative Slave Mixtape (2011)
got the dl from plain pictures (tracklist here too)
Alright I liked a bunch of tracks off Pictureplane's Dark Rift from 2009 (especially goth star, god that should have been on my top 20 post), but there was also a bunch of stuff that kind of annoyed me. So, naturally I was a literally worried about his direction going into this mixtape. Now that I've listened to it I'm totally loving where he's going, this feels like a real evolution (listen to closer now if anything, oh my goddd). Real psyched for this THEE PHYSICAL album now.
Pop Massacre (2010)
friends of friends music
Alright this has not left my ipod since it came out last year. Pop massacre means that these guys are fucking up these pop tracks until they are basically completely unrecognizable. My favorites are: DNTEL's Lady Gaga rework, Shlohmo's new instrumental on Pretty Boy Swag, Asura's Mariah Carey rework, and the Big Spider's Back's Katy Perry rework.
friends of friends put out all kinds of great stuff (Salva's Complex Housing, Sholohmo's Places and Camping EPs)
Shankles - Gully Foil EP (2011)
This stuff is real pretty, and hey the whole thing's a The Stars My Destination reference.
"Shankles' long awaited Gully Foil EP is finally here via Jus Like Music Records, featuring seven ethereal electronic creations, including a remix from S.maharba (BTS Radio, Ocular Science, Error Broadcast) who also mastered the entire EP.
Influenced by the likes of Four Tet, Clark, Nostalgia 77, Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble and Alex B, the Gully Foil EP is a deep and twisted record, playing on beautiful melodies and bass-ridden breaks. "
via bandcamp
Skydiver (2010)
local action
It's stupid how many plays I have of this. Bunch of Cassie remixes from Local Action by some of my favorite people making music right now. The Lunice one is probably the my favorite, followed by the one from The Blessings, then Brackles, 8-Bitch, and Jacques Greene.
Lorn - Self Confidence Vol. 2 (2011)
myspace
Lorn is such a cool guy to put this much stuff our for free. Lots and lots of heat on here.
EVERYTHING I HAVE FROM ▽nkown ShΔpes (2011)
Alright these are just fkn bangers. From what I know ▽nkown ShΔpes is some dude managed by Blue Daisy, and he's put out these 3 things so far (If I Should Die EP, Moon Surfer EP, Voices EP). I've put all 3 into one properly tagged and easy to download file. When I was at Low End Theory SF back in March I was so happy to see Nobody drop Used To Give A FK in his set, perfect atmosphere for a huge track like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment