bandcampbuy
good god am I late on this
(you see those avalanches comparisons?)
""Though a few of the tracks here are pinched from their stellar early work (such as “The Birds” Parts 1 and 2, fused together here for maximum effect), a lot of Coral finds the crate connoisseurs flipping their obscure samples over dusty drum loops and inspired beat programming, sometimes to show that they can almost live up to the loads of Madlib comparisons they’ve received (“Rainbow Rd.,“ the bouncy “Land Ho/Masasu,” the lush “Cuban Velvet“), but primarily to bolster the Caribbean feel of most of their best work (“Sun Bum,” “Swamp Campfire,” “Splash Talk”). All in all, I think Jeff summed it up quite succinctly here: “With the Avalanches marooned in the Outback, Monster Rally win the race to get the closest to ‘Frontier Psychiatrist.’ I’m also really hoping that “Splash Talk” is a euphemism for a frank sexual discussion.”"
- Passion of The Weiss
No comments:
Post a Comment