Sunday, July 18, 2010

Foxes in Fiction - Swung From The Branches (2010)

myspace
website

I know I'm late but oh man what a cool guy releasing this for free (I'm just linking to his download)

"...The whole thing was recorded for a kind of cassette A Side / B Side format so there is a pretty obvious division in style between the two. The first flows kind of as one long dreamlike hallucination song that segways pretty easily into each track, and is meant to inspire some pretty specific moods, while the second side more lucid pop songs. A big inspiration in making a lot of these songs was short-tracked hip hop albums like J Dillas' 'Donuts'. I don't know how obvious this is. It wasn't even really supposed to have an 'album' feel but it just sort of turned out that way, even two albums?, though I'm hoping it kind of has something for everyone."
via Foxes in Fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment